Provision for Children with Special Educational Needs
Our school SENCo is Mrs Parton. They can be contacted via the school office on 01782 235040, or alternatively by using the contact form on our website.
What is the SEND Local Offer?
Local authorities, schools and other services will set out a local offer of all services available to support children who are disabled or who have Special Educational Needs and their families. The local offer will enable families to understand what services they can access and what support they can expect from a range of local agencies, including from the local authority, health services, schools, leisure services and the voluntary sector. The offer will include provision from birth to 25, across education, health and social care.
What will it do?
- The Local Offer will provide parents/carers with information about how to access services in their area, and what they can expect from those services. With regard to Education, it will let parents/ carers and young people know how school and colleges will support them, and what they can expect across the local settings. During the last year, the Local Offer Steering Group has developed questions for schools, and trailed them with a small number of settings.
- There are 18 questions, devised in consultation with parents/carers and other agencies, which reflect their concerns and interests. These will be answered by agencies, schools and colleges to provide information to parents and carers to enable them to make decisions about how to best support their child’s needs.
Click below to view the Stoke-on-Trent Local Offer and our school responses.
High Needs Banding Parent Consultation
We have now entered the full consultation phase on the proposed High Needs Banding matrix, which will run from 21 November to midnight on the 19 December 2023. All responses must be received by 19th December 2023.
Below are three documents (these have also been emailed to parents):
- The full proposed Stoke-on-Trent High Needs Banding Matrix which is being consulted upon;
- A letter which has been emailed to all parents, which explains the purpose of the consultation;
- A powerpoint presentation to explain the process to all interested parties.
The Local Offer page : High needs banding review – SEND Local Offer (stoke.gov.uk), contains a link to a summary document and a link to the questionnaire which can be completed by parents, carers and other interested parties to inform the results of the consultation and be considered before a decision on a final banding matrix is made.
Dyslexia Friendly Schools Level 1 statu
As a school, we have worked hard and are proud to have achieved our Dyslexia Friendly schools status. We are currently working towards renewing our status.
Results of our Parent Questionnaire
Here are the results from our 2022-23 parent questionnaire. Thank you to everyone who took part and gave feedback. Please see documents below.
Results of our Children’s Questionnaire
Here are the results from our 2022-23 child questionnaire. It was great to see such positive comments from the children this year. Please see documents below.
Glossary of Terms
Below is a glossary of the most common SEN terms that you may see in documentation, websites etc.
|ADD||Attention Deficit Disorder||LAC||Looked After Child|
|ADHD||Attention Deficit & Hyperactivity Disorder||LEA||Local Education Authority|
|ASD||Autistic Spectrum Disorder||LM||Learning Mentor|
|CAF||Common Assessment Framework||MLD||Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|CAMHS||Child & Adolescent Mental Health Service||MSI||Multi-sensory impairment|
|COP||Code of Practice||OT||Occupational Therapist|
|CP||Child Protection||PD||Physical disability|
|DCD||Developmental Co-ordination Disorder||PMLD||Profound and multiple learning difficulties|
|EAL||English as an Additional Language||SEN||Special Educational Needs|
|EP||Educational Psychologist||SEND||Special Educational Needs & Disability|
|FSM||Free School Meals||SENCo||Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator|
|FLO||Family Liaison Officer||SLCN||Speech, Language, Communication Needs|
|HI||Hearing Impairment||SLD||Severe learning difficulties|
|IEP||Individual Education Plan||SpLD||Specific Learning Difficulty|
British Dyslexia Association Support Groups- https://www.bdadyslexia.org.uk/contact/find-a-local-dyslexia-association
Health Visiting and School Nursing Service- https://sway.office.com/VtDMcOaGGAoIEMnF?ref=email
Stoke Parent Forum – http://www.ahtstokeparentforum.com/
Other useful documents can be found below
Please see note below stated in Admissions Policy-
Children with an Education and Health Care Plan that names the school must be admitted. This will reduce the number of places available to other applicants.