Below is a list of useful websites that children can use to support them in their learning at school. There is also a list of APPs that are available to download on most tablets/mobile phones.
- https://www.facebook.com/nurserypreschoolideas/ https://www.facebook.com/learningandexploringthroughplay/ https://www.facebook.com/Planningplaytime/ https://www.facebook.com/simpleplayideas/ Early Years ideas and activities to take part in at home.
- https://www.foodafactoflife.org.uk/whole-school/remote-learning/ Lots of practical activities to use in the home covering a range of topics.
- https://en-gb.facebook.com/hogletstheatre/ Hoglets Theatre Fun for Little Folk- classes based on stories with retells and drama activities.
- https://www.jamieoliver.com/features/category/get-kids-cooking/ Jamie Oliver has lots of recipes that adults and children use to cook at home together.
- Language development ideas with a focus on verbs- Blanket time ‘Catch it if you can’ Let’s pretend Paint with brushes Shadow fun
- https://learnliveuk.com/channel/ A variety of educational videos covering a range of topics.
- https://natwest.mymoneysense.com/home/ Natwest have a variety of resources to help teach children about money and using it well.
- https://www.thenational.academy/online-classroom Oak National Academy have online lessons available for all year groups from Reception to Year 10, covering a range of subjects.
- One Day Creative Youtube Channel A variety of sessions for different subjects from history with the Great Fire of London, Titanic and the Victorians, to dance classes and online safety workshops.
- Outdoor Learning Ideas
- Rainy Day Puzzles
- https://www.youtube.com/royaloperahouse Free opera and ballet broadcasts from the Royal Opera House.
- https://soltansunready.com/for-families?utm_source=recruitment_smc&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ks2_edcoms_june&utm_content=familieshubhyperlink A website to help you and your children learn how to be safe in the sun.
- https://www.stokespeaks.org/ There are free downloadable activities available. You can also follow Stoke Speaks Out on their youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf0hAnDXhQJHX2pAzqQpnow and on their facebook where they will be sharing more activities and ideas https://en-gb.facebook.com/stokespeaksout/
- https://pages.sumdog.com/ Maths and spelling practice.
- Supporting Home Learning Routines_-_Planning the Day
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NXZnhLCzJo BBC Teach has a selection of Nursery Rhymes to sing along with.
- https://www.booktrust.org.uk/books-and-reading/have-some-fun/ Lots of free online books and activities.
- https://www.facebook.com/OfficialGruffalo/ Live reads and suggested activities on the Gruffalo Facebook page.
- Mark Making Ideas Ideas for children who are beginning to draw and write.
- Online Reading Resources for Parents and Children
- https://shop.scholastic.co.uk/homelearning Scholastic have free downloadable home learning.
- Seven Top Tips to Support Reading at Home
- https://www.sirlinkalot.org/ Sign up for free access to the APP which supports learning in spelling and grammar.
- Our Spelling and Grammar glossary has an explanation of terms which you may find in your child’s home learning. This can be accessed here- SPAG Glossary for Parents, Carers and Children
- https://www.mymaths.co.uk/ All children should have received their log in details via email. If we do not have your email address or you have not received details please email us at email@example.com
- Stoke Speaks Out Practical Maths for EYFS/Year 1 Fishing in the Bath Guess How Much Hide and Seek House Dominoes Messy Water Fun Opposites Yoga Shapes Around the House
- https://www.tentown.co.uk/ As our Nursery and Reception children use Ten Town in school they have their own home log in. If you are unable to log in please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Guiness World Records TTS Rockstars Attempt
- Whole School Maths Week – EYFS
- Whole School Maths Week – KS1
- Whole School Maths KS2
Science, Technology & Understanding of the World
- https://r1.dmtrk.net/65YE-W4P-4DK4P4724/cr.aspx A variety of ideas to support active outdoor learning.
- Online Safety at Home
- Science Experiments for Families
- Science Experiments for Families 2
- https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SvIdgTx9djKO6SjyvPDsoGlkgE3iExmi3qh2KRRku_w/mobilebasic By following the link you will be taken to a list of virtual trips such as live zoo cams and virtual farm tours.
Christian Meditation: The Catholic Children’s Society in collaboration with the World Community for Christian Meditation have a YouTube channel. New meditations are posted every Monday, Wednesday and Friday for children and every Thursday for young people. https://www.bdes.org.uk/resources-for-prayer-and-learning.html
Bishops’ Statement on Racial Justice: please follow the link to see the Bishops’ statement on Racial Justice in response to recent events. www.birminghamdiocese.org.uk/News/bishops-statement-on-racial-justice
The God Who Speaks: the website has been updated: www.godwhospeaks.uk/ Please note that this initiative will be continuing to the end of this Liturgical year and throughout the next one too. If you wish to receive the newsletters please follow this link godwhospeaks.uk/scripture-newsletter-sign-up
Religious Education Curriculum Directory 3: For those of you who are members of ATCRE there is a recording of webinar led by Philip Robinson on the developments to date. https://www.atcre.co.uk/consultations
Virtual Lourdes Pilgrimage: The Annual Diocesan Pilgrimage to Lourdes. You can find out more here https://www.birminghamdiocese.org.uk/lourdes-pilgrimage
New Prayer Resources from Kenelm Youth Trust and St. John Fisher, Newcastle https://www.bdes.org.uk/shared-resources-from-diocesan-schools.html,
- https://www.bdes.org.uk/resources-for-prayer-and-learning.html Resources for prayer and learning at home.
- tentenresources.co uk
- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjpNMIjkGJ-vxuOhsN2xxTA Drawing and cartoon workshops available on Paul McKee’s Youtube channel.
Physical and Practical Activities
Joe Wicks Kids Workouts https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3LPrhI0v-w
Cosmic Kids Yoga https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-BS87NTV5I
Jumpstart Jonny Workouts https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfbTvJMcRow
Myleene’s Music Klass https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQh2wgJ5tOrixYBn6jFXsXQ
Kids Cook with Theo https://www.youtube.com/user/cookwiththeo
Free Meditations https://www.headspace.com/covid-19
Yoga with Adriene https://www.youtube.com/user/yogawithadriene
Kinderama 10 minute exercise classes 10am https://www.instagram.com/kinderamaireland/?hl=en
Kate R H Child Friendly Workouts https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtH13aISJdeyuHPPv5QZqFw/videos
Calm- A range of calming resources from music to stories and meditation https://www.calm.com/blog/take-a-deep-breath
NHS Handwashing Song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9VjeIWLnEg
Zumba for Children https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiRpnDeAOlI
Outdoor Games - see below
Den Building - see below
Where can I go to get support to help keep my child safe online?
There is a lot of support available to keep your child safe online. Below are some useful links to help parents and carers:
- Thinkyouknow (advice from the National Crime Agency to stay safe online)
- Internet matters (support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online)
- Parent info (support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online)
- LGfL (support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online)
- Net-aware (support for parents and careers from the NSPCC)
At St Peter’s children’s wellbeing is considered a great importance and we would like to help you in the event of a school closure. The following links are to help support your child’s wellbeing and mental health.
Jigsaw PSHE have provided free audio stories and calm me time. Password: Home http://families.jigsawpshe.com/stuck-at-home/
Supermovers have numerous videos that will get your children active. The videos link to the curriculum so will keep the children active whilst still learning. https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/supermovers
Childline Tool Box has a calm zone where you can access activities, breathing exercises, yoga, games and videos on ways to cope and expressing emotion https://www.childline.org.uk/toolbox/calm-zone/?fbclid=IwAR2UDQqDr54URa1T6_pXFAJTxI3PpVt6dkR1dDHiyN4IrWpuocfTuRpUPQ8
Go Noodle have both an ‘At home’ and ‘For families’ option where you can access free movement and mindfulness videos https://www.gonoodle.com/
Imoves have ‘Active blasts’ including workouts and pilates- https://imoves.com/the-imovement
Action For Happiness produce monthly calendars to support mindfulness https://www.actionforhappiness.org/calendars
Blissful Kids share mindful game ideas https://blissfulkids.com/mindful-games-mindfulness-for-kids-and-teens/?fbclid=IwAR0QjYSYGUBrOUEa-aMGKycMpBLfOkIpHEO7GumcIGZJlDzYrQ2co3y9eDI
Babbledabbledo share creative activity ideashttps://babbledabbledo.com/80-easy-creative-projects-for-kids/
APPS for Tablets